Wednesday, April 20, 2011

W6D2

It's my birthday! I feel pretty awesome for going out first thing on my birthday and in the rain to run. I am really proud that I haven't missed a day or haven't completed any of the intervals. That, in itself, is pretty amazing.

The run today was okay. I have new earbuds from the dollar store that stayed in a little better than the ones I was using. I struggled a bit with the 2 10-minute intervals but I think that was mostly because I couldn't get into the zone of it. Listening to Robert Ullrey address the day 1 podcast was a constant reminder of not only how long I had run but, more importantly, how much longer I needed to run. I found it really psychologically draining. I think my 25 minute run on Friday with a playlist will be easier since I don't have to wait for Mr. Ullrey to come back on and tell me when to stop but just keep on keepin' on until my cool-down tune plays.

My knees have been bothering me. They both ache right now and I think I'm going to speak to my chiropractor to see if there are any types of support or something I can wear. He's an avid runner and I think would have better advice than my doctor.

Today was my last day of intervals. From here on out it's straight up running, no walking. It feels like I'm finally a 'runner'. I'm going to see how next week's 25 minute runs go as far as pace and then I'll start trying to better my time. I still have 69 days until my first 5k but the more effort I put into this, the better that run will be. I just hope my knees hold up!

Stats:
3.55 km
10:08 min/km