Friday, April 15, 2011

W5D3

I am an amazing machine of awesomeness! I ran for 20 minutes straight!!!!

To be honest, I still can't believe it! I have the biggest smile on my face right now because I did it!!!

I was nervous but excited all day for this. My right knee started bothering me after the last run but I've been babying it so I wouldn't miss it. I made a playlist so I wouldn't have to hear Mr. Ullrey telling me what time it was and just kept going!

The playlist needs some tweaking. It was the first time I've run without Mr. Ullrey and it was a totally different experience. Some tunes were great (like Black Eyed Peas - Pump It) while others didn't work at all. I finished the run up with a quick little tune by the Misfits for that last burst of inspiration and it did the trick nicely.

This was also the first time that I've finished a run huffing and puffing with both my legs and lungs on fire... at least the first that I can remember. Maybe it happened like this in the beginning? I'm not sure. One thing I do know, if I can run for 20 minutes then I can run for 30. My pace was also my best ever - 8:46!! Woot!!!!

This C25k program is amazing. I can't believe I've come this far. As the saying goes... if I can do it...


Stats:

3.42 km
8:46 min/km