Saturday, April 9, 2011

W4D3

So there I was... completing Week 4!

I'm still feeling pretty horrible after this week's news. I haven't been sleeping very much. Last night I woke up at 2:30am and was awake until 5:30 when I finally crashed until 8:30am or so. Then work called and asked me to come in for an unscheduled 4 hour shift. I'm pretty tired and still close to tears more often than not but I'm doing better than I was.

So sleepy and unmotivated, I changed out of my work clothes and into my running gear. The weather today is the nicest it's been lately and there weren't too many people out and about.

The first 3 minute run was difficult! In my head I was complaining about my feet hurting and generally not being happy about running. I recovered during the 90 second walk break and set out on the 5 minute run. For some reason the 5 minute run was easy! I had somehow gotten myself into a totally different headspace and that's where I stayed for the remainder of the run. I even found that I was pushing myself to run further and faster during the intervals and it felt good!

Like all C25K'ers I'm nervous about W5D3 which happens in T-6 days but I'm going to try to keep focus on the task at hand. I'm starting to feel confident and strong again in small doses. Hopefully that comes back in full soon.

Stats:

3.31 km
9:43 min/km