Wednesday, April 13, 2011

W5D2

I ran for 8 minutes straight! Twice!

I've taken sleeping pills for the last two nights and it has made a world of difference. Not only am I well rested and feeling human again but I'm also no longer a commercial for depression hurts.

It rained all day today but thankfully stopped long enough for me to run. I wasn't nervous about the 8 minute runs but am about Friday's 20 minute run. I find that the first few minutes of every run is the toughest. I don't seem to get into a rhythm for the first little while and everything feels 'off' and awkward. My legs feeling like they're moving funny and my pace is random and then all of a sudden everything falls into place like magic and I feel like I could run forever. I'm hoping that once I get into that zone the 20 minutes will go by without any problems.

I have to take a moment to relish the fact that I actually ran for 8 minutes - twice - and didn't want to fall over and die! I remember W1 and the 60 second runs and feeling like I couldn't get enough air... I'm really proud of myself for my progress! I'm also proud of myself for completing 14 runs without ever walking when I'm supposed to be running. I've pushed through everything so far and hopefully I can continue in that same vein.

Stats:

3.31 km
9.43 min/km