Tuesday, April 5, 2011

W4D1

I was rather nervous about today. This week's runs are intervals of 3 minute then 5 minute runs. It didn't help that it's currently 4 degrees and snowing. :o

I completed it! I made sure to keep my pace pretty slow and didn't go crazy with any of the intervals. My legs started feeling heavy during the second 3 minute run and were like lead during the final 5 minute run. I was surprised though at how well I was able to breathe during the whole thing. I wasn't gasping or heaving or totally out of breath. When it came time for the short recovery walks I found that it only took me a few seconds to get back to normal. What an improvement that is!

In addition, I tried on some dresses that I haven't worn in 4 years and they fit again! I'm going to have some pretty things to wear during all of the events in May!

Stats:
3.25 km
9:54 min/km