Wednesday, March 30, 2011

W3D2

Yesterday I felt like running but it was a rest day. Today I did not feel like running. I spent the morning at the mall with my DS trying to find an interview outfit for Saturday. Needless to say, I was exhausted by the time I got home. I'm sure arriving an hour before the mall opened by mistake and walking around with my DS didn't help. :S

When DH got home I modelled my interview outfit and then put on my running clothes. The fact that my interview outfit fits like it does helped me get out the door. It seems that every time I get outside and Mr. Ullrey starts speaking in my ear I start to feel a little bit better. Then, once I get into the groove of the warm-up walk I start to feel pretty good!

I'm so preoccupied with my interview that my head wasn't in my run today. I suppose it might sound like a positive thing but my lack of focus didn't help. I completed all of the intervals but I just wasn't present in the run. My next run will be after my interview and hopefully I feel really good and sprint around (jog meekly) my route in victory!!

I also was attacked by a very small dog during this run. I had my earbuds in and was running to Mr. Ullrey's tunes when I heard a strange noise above the music. Before I could ascertain where the noise was coming from I felt something on the back of my leg. I turned around and there was this teeny little dog running after me. I walked for a few paces until the dog lost interest and went back home then continued with my interval. Silly puppy. I hope this won't be a regular thing because I like my route very much!

Stats:
2.65 km
9:51 min/km