Wednesday, March 23, 2011

W2D2

Today we were hit with a ton of snow! DH suggested the track at the YMCA and it was the perfect solution. I discovered a 2 week free pass online, so with my coupon and gym bag in hand I trudged off through the snow for a run.
It was my first time at the YMCA for a workout and I was debating wether or not to use the track or a treadmill. In the past I've found that I'm pretty unstable on a treadmill when I start running. I'm not sure why but I seem to lose my balance. With that in mind, I chose the track.
It was really difficult to have so many people watching me. It was also really difficult to have so many people - so many runners - pass me. There were young, fit girls all done up in fancy workout gear and I was wearing one of my DH's old Depeche Mode shirts with a hole in it.
I did manage to complete the workout and I believe it was a little easier than the first time. I felt that I was recovering more quickly and it wasn't as much of a struggle to run.

Since I used the track I have no stats for today's run other than - I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment