Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Registered for a 5k!

This morning I took a deep breath and registered for my first 5k!

It's scheduled for 7 weeks after I finish the C25k program which I think is plenty of time to train. I checked the race results for last year and the time to aim for is 20 minutes for 1st while it took the last runner nearly an hour to finish. The C25k program should have me running a 5k in 30 minutes and if I work really hard during those 7 weeks I should be able to get my time down a little.

I'm not totally sure if registering for a 5k in W3 of this program is the best idea but I feel like I need something to shoot for. If I can finish this program AND compete in a 5k run it would be such a personal victory! Just being in a 5k and wearing a race t-shirt will make me so proud and so confident that the run should be easy! :)

I also love the fact that this 5k takes place in the evening on a weekday! No stressful first thing in the morning weekend running.

I'm excited and a little fearful but I have confidence that I can do this... with a lot of hard work.