Sunday, May 22, 2011

W5D1 Part 2

It's been 3 weeks since my last run. It's been almost constantly raining and we've had Mother's Day, our Anniversary, and my Graduation in the past 3 weeks. I know that I could've fit the runs in if I had tried harder but my motivation just wasn't there. I had every intention of getting back to it and I'm glad I finally did!

Considering how difficult my last 2 runs were and the 3 week break I decided to back to the last 'comfortable' run I did which was W5D1. I was confident that I could manage 3 5-minute intervals and I did just fine. They were actually a bit of a struggle in spots though so I think I might repeat the same run again on Tuesday until I feel I can increase my run time without too much extra effort. I think the struggle I had with W7 really impacted my perception of myself as a 'runner'. I had felt strong and capable up until that point and W7 really made me doubt myself. I intend to just keep on truckin' and I feel that as long as I'm out there running, it doesn't matter if I'm running intervals or for a solid 25 minute stretch. It'll come in time.

Speaking of time, there are 37 days until my first 5k.

I have 2 sets of stats. One is from mapping my entire route, including warm up 5 minute walk and cool down 5 minute walk. The other is from my fancy new Nike Tailwind SDM that I picked up for next to nothing on Ebay. I use it for the actual running/walking in between the warm up and cool down.

Entire run:
3.32 km
9:41 min/km

SDM:
2.04 km
10:24 min/km